Services and benefits
Akava Special Branches offers the members of its member organisations many diverse and useful benefits. Get to know what you can get with your membership fee!
Check all other benefits provided by your member organisation from your member organisation’s website.
What is the value of your membership benefits in euros?
On average per year
Individual legal and salary counselling: the cost is approximately €200/hour
Advice on family law and inheritance matters
Earnings-related unemployment benefit – Unemployment fund membership
Different member guidebooks (around €25 per book)
Trainings and events (training/day)
Leisure travel insurance
Leisure accident insurance
Other discounts on insurance (average)
Discounts for membership card holders (purchases benefits)
Annual benefits, euros in total
In addition, the value of the collective labour agreement of the labour union can amount to as much as 20 per cent of your monthly salary.
All benefits cannot be measured in money
We, together with other unions, influence the sustainable development of working life.
Accomplishments of the trade union movement
- Eight-hour workday 1917
- Four weeks of annual leave 1971
- Holiday bonus 1972
- Seven-month maternity leave 1974
- Sickness and maternity allowance renewal 1981
- Earnings-based unemployment benefit 1984
- Act on Equality between Women and Men 1987
- Limitations on terminable employment 2003
- Job alternation leave 2009
- Change security 2010
- Five weeks of paternity leave 2010
- Renewal of paternal leave 2013
- What next?